Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Contentedness

I am re-reading The Art of Divine Contentment for the second time. I'll probably re-read it a third time. Contentment seems to be the one thing I can never get enough of. Just when I feel calm and content, I'm faced with a challenge that proves my lack of satisfaction with where God has me.

This week has been full of car problems, and there's nothing that gets me more agitated then that! I immediately go into, "We need a new car!" Today's reading has helped me focus once again on that affliction that causes sadness and grief.

"But when there is a leak of discontent open and trouble gets into the heart, then it is disquieted and sinks. Do, therefore as the mariners: pump the water out and stop this spiritual leak in your soul, and no troubles can hurt you."

I'm pumping away today, praying that I don't allow the water to drown me. After all, it's only ankle deep.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing that Kathy! I'll be praying for you. I commented on the last entry, but for some reason it didn't take...lets see how this works :)

    ReplyDelete