Friday, February 10, 2012

He just drove away...all by himself...without me.


A new chapter, a new adventure and a little more freedom for both of us. That's how it feels to watch Luke get his driver's license and watch him drive away. Bitter sweet, yes, but a little bit more sweet right now. It feels right, he is ready and so am I.

I will miss our talks in the car, but I'll make other times to connect. Over breakfast or a quick dinner out, just the two of us. I love to watch Luke mature, and grow. I pray as he falters and seems to fight through his desires and longings, knowing that God is always there catching him if necessary. It can be a whirlwind, but I'm thankful for what the Lord has done so far and promises to complete.

Now I must focus on the girlies, daily, as we school and muse over our findings. I must be less hurried, more settled. As it's been said, Life is NOT an emergency...LIFE is not an emergency. So I'm slowing, at least for today to drink in the beauty of change, the constant sameness and the wonder of what today will hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment